1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup potato starch
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/4 cup GF oat flour
1/4 cup millet flour
1 tablespoon Vance's DariFree powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoon egg replacer powder
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/4 teaspoon agar powder, or unflavored gelatin powder of choice
1/4 cup pure olive oil
1 cup pure cane sugar
2/3 cup water
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 ounces freeze-dried organic strawberries (equal to 12 ounces fresh - Trader Joe's)
- Place baking rack into the third position; preheat oven to 350 degrees F; lightly oil a 9" cake pan or pin tin; line with a 9" circle of parchment paper (or dust oiled pan with brown rice flour - tap out excess); set pan aside.
- In airtight container, combine brown rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, GF oat flour, millet flour DariFree powder, baking powder, egg replacer powder, xanthan gum, and agar powder; place on lid; shake vigorously to combine; set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat together cane sugar and olive oil; beat 1 minute with electric mixer set on medium-high.
- Add water and vanilla extract to mixing bowl; beat to combine; add dry ingredients; beat 1 minute.
- Add freeze-dried organic strawberries to mixture; fold in with spatula.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan; place in preheated 350 degree F oven; bake 45 minutes.
Servings: 9" cake
Preheat: 350 degrees F
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 25 minutes
Increase brown rice flour to 3/4 cup; increase tapioca starch to 3/4 cup; omit all other flours and starches.
To use butter: omit olive oil; add 6 tablespoons butter during step 3.
To use egg: omit egg replacer powder; reduce water to 1/2 cup; add 1 egg during step 3.
To omit DariFree powder: omit DariFree Powder; add 1 tablespoon potato starch.
To use Milk of Choice: omit DariFree powder; omit water; add 2/3 cup milk of choice.