Large metal spoon
Large glass bowl
Plastic storage wrap
Ice Cream of Frozen Yogurt Maker (Cuisinart)
Freezer-safe storage container
2-1/2 cups water
1-1/4 cups cane sugar
1/3 cup Vance's DariFree powder
12 ounces freeze-dried organic strawberries (Trader Joe's - 1 bag)
1 tablespoon pure olive oil, or oil of choice
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Pour water into medium saucepan; whisk in cane sugar.
- Place saucepan over medium heat; cook until very hot (not boiling), stirring occasionally.
- Using wire whisk, beat in DariFree powder; whisk until completely smooth.
- Add freeze-dried strawberries (remove the packet of silica prior to adding); stir berries in.
- Whisk in olive oil, pure vanilla extract, and sea salt.
- Bring to a slow boil; whisking frequently; remove from heat.
- Immediately, pour mixture off into large glass bowl to cool. Once mixture is cooled to room temperature, cover bowl tightly with plastic; refrigerate until chilled throughout (at least 6 hours).
- Prepare ice cream maker according to manufacturers instructions.
- Pour chilled cream mixture into ice cream maker; process according to manufacturers instructions (usually about 20 to 30 minutes).
- Scoop soft-serve cream from maker into freezer container (preferably of just slightly larger volume); place in freezer until evenly chilled, about 6 hours (or eat as soft-serve immediately)!