3/4 cup GF oat flour
1/2 cup potato starch
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup palm shortening
2/3 cup cane sugar, or light brown sugar
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
1/2 cup pecan pieces
- Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside; place baking rack in first position; preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In airtight container, combine GF oat flour, potato starch, baking soda, sea salt, and cinnamon; place on lid; shake vigorously; set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat together palm shortning, water, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Add dry mixture to mixing bowl, beat to combine; add chocolate chips and pecan pieces; mix to blend evenly.
- Using an ice cream scooper, pack dough firmly to form each cookie; place cookies well-spaced on prepared baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet on top rack of preheated 375 degree oven; bake 12 minutes.
- Remove sheet from oven; cool cookies on sheet 5 minutes; remove cookies to wire cooling rack; repeat process with remaining dough.
Sevings: 18 cookies (2" across)
Preheat: 375 degrees F
Prep: 10 minutes
Baking time: 12 minutes