I revised my original chocolate cake recipe - this version is high protein (GF oat flour) and is very moist and not gummy.
3/4 cup GF oat flour
1/2 cup tapioca starch
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup soy-free vegan 100% pure cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup cane sugar, or light brown sugar
6 tablespoons pure olive oil
1 cup water
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Lightly grease a 9" cake pan with palm shortening; dust generously with GF oat flour; shake out excess flour; set pan aside.
- Place baking rack in third position; preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In airtight container combine GF oat flour, tapioca starch, brown rice flour, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, baking soda, and sea salt; place on lid and shake vigorously to combine and to introduce air; set aside.
- Place cane sugar into mixing bowl; stir in olive oil and water; beat to combine well; stir in apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients into wet; beat to combine and to break up large lumps.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Place in preheated 350 degree oven; bake 55 minutes, or until center of cake springs back when gently touched.
- Remove from oven to cooling rack; cool 10 minutes; turn cake out onto rack to completely cool to store; or frost then slice and serve.
- Store in airtight container up to 3 days.
Preheat: 350 degrees F
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 55 minutes