2/3 cup tapioca starch
1/2 cup potato starch
1/2 cup oat flour, or garbanzo bean flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour, or white rice flour, or sorghum flour
1/3 cup millet flour, or garbanzo bean flour
1/3 cup light brown sugar, or cane sugar, or dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon Vance's DariFree powder, or dry milk powder of choice
1-1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 tablespoons cold pure pork lard, or cold diced palm shortening
3 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons honey of choice
1-1/2 tablespoons molasses
1/2 teaspoon pure organic lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Line a half-sheet baking pan with parchment paper; set aside; place oven baking rack in first position; preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In bowl of food processor, combine tapioca starch, potato starch, oat flour, brown rice flour, millet flour, light brown sugar, DariFree powder, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, and cinnamon; pulse to combine.
- Measure cold pork lard by the tablespoon; add each to food processor bowl; pulse to form loose, shaggy dough.
- In small bowl, combine water, honey, molasses, lemon juice, and vanilla extract; whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Add liquid to food processor bowl; process just to form soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto parchment paper; cover with second sheet of parchment paper; using rolling pin, roll to large rectangle, about 1/8"-thick; trim to straight edges, if desired.
- Using a sharp knife, slice dough into 2"-square grid (or use cookie cutter of choice to punch out desired shapes and sizes, such as teddy bears); prick surface of cut dough with tines of fork; using thin spatula, move cut squares onto prepared baking sheet, placing about 1/2"-apart; sprinkle top of dough with cinnamon and sugar, if desired.
- Place baking sheet into preheated 350 degrees F oven; bake 12 - 15 minutes (the longer these bake, the stiffer and crunchier they will be once cooled); remove sheet from oven to wire cooling rack.
Servings: about 4 dozen 2"-crackers
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Preheat: 350 degrees F
Cooking Time: 12 - 15 minutes