1-1/2 cups GF oat flour, or brown rice flour, or millet flour, or buckwheat flour
1 cup tapioca starch, or arrowroot starch
3/4 cup potato starch, or cornstarch
3/4 cup brown rice flour, or quinoa flour, or white rice flour, or sorghum flour
4 teaspoons xanthan gum
1 tablespoon egg replacer powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup palm shortening, or pure pork lard
1/2 cup soy-free vegan buttery spread (Earth Balance), or unsalted butter, or butter of choice
1 cup cane sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup water (omit if using pork lard)
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
20 ounces (about 2-1/2 cup) soy-free vegan chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
- Place baking rack in third position; preheat oven to 350F; line 12x17 rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In large airtight container, combine GF oat flour, tapioca starch, potato starch, brown rice flour, xanthan gum, egg replacer powder, baking soda, and sea salt; place on lid; shake vigorously to combine; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine palm shortening, Earth Balance, cane sugar, light brown sugar, water, and vanilla; beat with electric mixer until light and creamy.
- Add dry ingredients to wet; beat to combine; beat in chocolate chips.
- Turn dough out onto parchment-lined baking sheet; press to even out; place in preheated 350F oven; bake 45 minutes.
Remove sheet to wire cooling rack; cool in pan; cut into desired shapes; store in airtight container up to 5 days.
Servings: 48 bars
Prep time: 10 min