2 pounds organic fruit of choice, prepared
1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon, freshly squeezed organic lemon juice
1 cup cane sugar, or light brown sugar, or turbinado, or granulated sweetener of choice (not Stevia)
- Prepare organic fruit of choice; hull or peel, wash well, dry thoroughly, chop to desired size.
- In large saucepan, combine prepared fruit of choice and lemon juice; cook, stirring occasionally, over low heat until juices are released, about 40 minutes.
- Add cane sugar; stir to combine.
- Bring preserves to a boil over medium heat; cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture registers 210 degrees on a candy thermometer, about 15 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat; let cool completely; skim foam from surface with a spoon.
Servings: about 2-1/2 cups
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: about 1 hour
Variations – Fruits to Use
- Strawberry (6 cups, hulled and halved)