2 cups water, divided
1 cup evaporated cane juice, or cane sugar, or light brown sugar, or granulated sweetener of choice (not stevia)
3/4 cup soy-free vegan 100% pure cocoa powder
1/4 cup tapioca starch, or potato starch, or arrowroot starch, or cornstarch
1/4 cup DariFree™ powder (Vance’s®), or powdered milk of choice
1 tablespoon pure olive oil, or coconut oil, or butter of choice, or palm oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup soy-free vegan chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
2 cups ice cubes
- Place small saucepan over medium heat; add 1 cup water; heat 2 minutes.
- Whisk in evaporated cane juice, cocoa powder, tapioca starch, DariFree powder, pure olive oil, and pure vanilla extract; whisk constantly; heat 1 minute; add chocolate chips; whisk until mixture is completely smooth.
- Remove saucepan from heat; whisk in 1 cup water.
- Place 2 cups ice cubes into large bowl; set smaller bowl on top of ice cubes; pour ice cream mixture into inset bowl; set aside 15 minutes, or until cooled.
- Pour preparation into 1-1/2-quart (6 cup) ice cream maker; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
Remove ice cream to storage container; freeze up to 1 month.
Remove from freezer 15 minutes prior to serving, so ice cream is easier to scoop.
Servings: about 2 cups
Prep Time: 25 min