1/2 medium onion, diced
1 tablespoon coconut butter
1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
6 cups corn, canned or frozen (or 8 fresh ears of corn, kernels scraped off with knife)
1 sprig fresh rosemary, crushed
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
2 tablespoons cornmeal
1 cup whole coconut milk
freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Place saucepan over medium heat; add coconut butter; sauté onion with sea salt until soft and tender.
- In food processor or blender grind 3 cups corn into coarse pulp.
- Place ground corn and 3 cups whole corn kernels into saucepan; cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until moisture has cooked off.
- Add crushed rosemary; sprinkle on light brown sugar; stir gently for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle cornmeal over mixture; stir to combine well.
- Stir in coconut milk; cook until corn has softened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove whole rosemary sprig; discard.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper.
Servings: 3 cups
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
• 1 medium ear of corn equals about 3/4 cup of corn kernels.
• 2 medium ears of corn equal 1 cup corn kernels.
• 1 package (10-ounces) frozen corn kernels equals 1-3/4 cups corn kernels.
To replace coconut milk: use milk of choice.