1/2 cup water
1-3/4 cups roasted pumpkin, or canned solid-pack pumpkin
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1/2 teaspoon garam marsala
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
9-inch prepared Graham Crust
- Place baking rack in third position; preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bring water to a boil; add creamed coconut; stir until smooth; remove 1/2 cup to use for recipe; place remainder in airtight container; refrigerate for later use as cream (or to use as milk add 1/4 cup water; shake vigorously).
- In large bowl combine pumpkin puree, applesauce, coconut cream, dark brown sugar, garam marsala, cinnamon, ginger, and sea salt; beat to combine.
- Pour prepared filling into prepared graham crust (or unbaked pie shell of choice).
- Place pie into preheated 375°F oven; bake for 50 - 55 minutes, or until well set.
- Remove pie to cooling rack; cool before slicing.
- Refrigerate leftovers in airtight container up to 2 days.
Servings: 9” pie
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 55 min
To use cream: omit creamed coconut; omit water; add 1/2 cup coconut creamer, or heavy cream of choice.