Every Body Eat s by M.H.W. Hill Page 170
Thin, almost crepe-like, these little beauties can be served sweet for breakfast, or savory for lunch and dinner when smothered in cream of mushroom soup (recipe page 100) then topped with cooked homemade breakfast sausage (recipe page 159).
5 tablespoons DariFree powder, dry milk powder of choice
1/3 cup light brown sugar, or cane sugar, or turbinado
3 tablespoons almond meal, or hazelnut meal, or quinoa flour, or GF oat flour, or teff flour
3 tablespoons tapioca starch, or cornstarch, or potato starch
3 tablespoons brown rice flour, or amaranth flour, or teff flour
1 tablespoon coconut flour, or GF oat flour, or quinoa flour, or pure rice bran, or teff flour
1 tablespoon pure rice bran, or GF oat flour
2 teaspoons egg replacer powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons very hot water
2 teaspoons coconut oil, or grapeseed oil, or safflower oil, or sunflower oil, or pure olive oil
- In large airtight container combine DariFree powder, light brown sugar, almond meal, tapioca starch, brown rice flour, coconut flour, pure rice bran, baking powder, xanthan gum, and sea salt; place on lid; shake vigorously to combine and to introduce air; set aside.
- Place very hot water into mixing bowl; add coconut oil; stir to melt.
- Add dry ingredients to mixing bowl; stir to combine; set aside to rest until griddle is at temperature.
- Preheat griddle to 325°F (medium-high heat); once hot, lightly coat griddle surface with grapeseed or coconut oil.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of batter onto prepared griddle to create small pancakes; cook until bubbles rise to surface of pancake, flip and cook other side until golden brown and cooked through.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
To replace DariFree powder: omit DariFree powder; replace 1 cup water with milk of choice.
To use egg: omit egg replacer powder; reduce very hot water to 1 cup; beat 1 egg in at end of step 2.
To use flax meal for egg replacer: omit egg replacer powder; reduce very hot water to 1 cup; stir 2 tablespoons very hot water into melted coconut oil; whip in 1 tablespoon flax meal; rest 5 minutes; add 1 cup water; proceed with recipe as stated.