Thursday, June 18, 2009

Every Body Eats!

So at what point do you know what you should eat and what you should not eat? It took me about 35 years to come to the conclusion that your body will tell you - you just have to hear and be able to take action.

I have seen more happiness and recovery in the last three years than at any other time in my life.

My first child was born in January 2005 - he is now 4-1/2 years old and known to be allergic to egg white, egg yolk, dairy/casein, wheat/gluten, soy, sesame seeds, and nuts/tree nuts.

My second son, who is now 3 years old, is intolerant of wheat/gluten, dairy/casein.

I am known to harbor allergies to beef protein, egg white, egg yolk, wheat/gluten, dairy/casein, and soy.

My husband cannot consume dairy/casein, egg white, egg yolk, and wheat/gluten.

This why I am able to cook Allergen Free - because I have to!

I have spent the last three years intensely studying the why of food combination and preparations. I have read many a book, and large sections of large books, in my quest to better understand how to prepare food that tastes good, looks good, is nutritious, and falls within our Allergen profile. So I have learned to cook top-8 free and am also able to weed out corn, rice, yeast, and nightshades, if needed.

I have written and self-published the cookbook, "Food For All". I am in the midst of writing on an updated, expanded edition to publish by late August.

"Food For All" has sold very well locally - the first print run was 234 - I have sold well over half to-date (since March 28, 2009). It is a work in progress .... I am so pleased to have my personal recipes helping others to live in a better way. Many parents I meet through teaching free Allergen Free cooking classes at local specialty-grocer http://www.TailorMadeNutrition.com/ are just so relieved to meet another parent who faces the daily struggle to provide appropriate food for self and family.

I very much enjoy cooking and preparing healthful, tasty foods. I have been recording my recipes for at least 10 years and have successfully converted the bulk to allergen free. I really enjoy enabling others to help themselves.

I plan to document the evolution of recipes here on this blog. I hope to create a space for open discussion.

There are only a few things you need to know about me and my philosophy:

1. You are what you eat.

2. Food does matter.

3. No one eats unless every body eats.

4. Strive for tolerance in all aspects of life and living.

5. Basic control of health lies with what YOU place in your mouth - food is power, power is food.

6. Food must taste good and look even better!

7. There is no excuse for burnt toast (even gluten free toast)!
- Michelle HW Hill 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Collective Mind = Solutions